Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving Verses in the Book of Psalm  (NIV)

Psalm 7:17
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.








 

Psalm 35:18
I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you.

Psalm 95:2
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
  

                       


I Count My Blessings
I count my daily blessings, Lord,
And try to count them all.
But, it's like counting all the stars at night
Or the raindrops, when they fall.
For, my blessings are so many
And my troubles are so few ...
That the good always outweighs the bad;
Due to blessings, sent from You.
So, Father, please forgive me
If I fail to count the ways ...
As you have blessed my life immensely,
Through your love that never strays.
© 2001 by
Vickie Lambdin


Thank You, God
Thank you, God, for giving me many Gifts of my very Own.
Thank you, God, for giving your only Son for to Atone.
Thank you, God, for giving me Salvation, Full and Free.
Thank you, God, for giving me a Beautiful life, Knowing Thee.
Thank you, God, for giving me the Holy Spirit, Three in One.
Thank you, God, for Everything; for you left Nothing yet Undone.
© by Joyce C. Lock

 


"Thank You, Lord, for Loving
Me
"Thank You, Lord, for Loving Me"
Once, I was lost in sin.
I was blind and couldn't see.
Friends tried to talk to me.
But, I couldn't hear.
So, I wandered on in sin and misery.
Then, a still small voice spoke
and said, "Come, follow me."
Thank you, Lord, for loving me
and setting me free.
Thank you, Lord, for your precious blood;
how it ran down that old tree.
Thank you, Lord, for each drop;
for it covered all my sins.
Thank you, Lord, for loving me.
Yes, thanks for loving me.
Now, I'm following Jesus.
Now, I can see.
His Holy Spirit speaks
And, now, I can hear.
I no longer wander in sin,
But I walk in His light.
Oh, won't you come and follow Him,
and learn of His love?
© 1980 by Amanda Jean Griffith

 
I give Thee Thanks ...

For all the blazing sunsets of this year.
For all those precious children, Oh, so dear.
For small and insignificant things
And for the songs that my heart sings,
I give Thee thanks. I give Thee thanks ...
For loved ones who forgive my failing ways.
For kindness done to me on dreary days.
For lessons learned without the awful pain.
For truth that comes with value, wisdom gained,
I give Thee thanks. I give Thee thanks ...
For all the soldiers that are serving us.
For those who bear the blessed gospel trust.
For old acquaintances renewed.
For wonders clearly signed by You,
My Lord, I give Thee thanks.
My Lord, I give Thee thanks.
© by Joan Clifton Costner

 
For This We Give Thee Thanks
For hands that reach and touch our own,
For baby's laughter in our home,
For shoulders that in grief are loaned,
Dear Lord, we give You thanks.
For lips that brave the tender words,
For eyes that speak what can't be heard,
For God's own precious Holy Word,
Dear Lord, we give You thanks.
For open doors and welcomings,
For friends who laugh and sometimes sing,
For everything each season brings,
Dear Lord, we give You thanks.
For large or small, the gifts You give,
For just the privilege to live,
For all we've had and yet You give,
Dear Lord, we give You thanks.
For promises that soon shall be,
Because He hung upon the tree,
For Love that lasts eternally,
Most of all, Lord, thanks, oh, thanks!
© by Joan Clifton Costner





 

Giving Thanks
For the hay and the corn and the wheat that is reaped,
For the labor well done, and the barns that are heaped,
For the sun and the dew and the sweet honeycomb,
For the rose and the song and the harvest brought home -
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

For the trade and the skill and the wealth in our land,
For the cunning and strength of the workingman's hand,
For the good that our artists and poets have taught,
For the friendship that hope and affection have brought -
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

For the homes that with purest affection are blest,
For the season of plenty and well-deserved rest,
For our country extending from sea unto sea;
The land that is known as the "Land of the Free" -
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!
Author Unknown