Monday, August 26, 2013

God’s Grace

 


Made Alive in Christ

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
 
it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  - Ephesians 2:1-10 (NRSV)
 
Recently, I chose to travel on my birthday instead of having a party. A few months later, some friends arranged a day of surprises for me. We went to a musical, and the day ended with a fantastic party.

I was delighted, surprised, and grateful; but I also felt that I didn’t deserve all this. My friends had invested a great deal of planning and consideration in the celebration. My thought was, How will I ever be able to pay them back?



My day of celebration reminds me of God’s grace. My relationship with God is not about how well I am performing. Many times,
 I have felt that I am not good enough or that I don’t deserve what God gives me. After all, God let his son Jesus Christ die on a cross for my sake. I have learned to accept God’s unconditional love and to let God guide my life. When I can step back and let go, then I can feel that my life is meaningful and fully become a joy for others.

Thought for the Day

How can I convey God’s unconditional love?

Prayer

Dear God, you love us unconditionally. Help us to relax in your arms of grace and forgiveness. Amen.
Prayer focus  To accept God’s grace in our lives