Saturday, August 24, 2013

Preparing a Room

 

Jesus Comforts His Disciples

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”
- John 14:2 (KJV)
 
My wife rushed me to the hospital when I suffered a heart attack. I do not remember anything from the time I left home until I regained consciousness. When I found myself in the hospital, with doctors, nurses, and relatives around my bed,

I realized that God had given me a new life. I was quite comfortable in the hospital, but not as comfortable as I would be in my bed at home. When the doctors discharged me, my wife told me to stay while she went to prepare the bedroom for me. Then she would come back and take me home. She went ahead to prepare the room so that I would be comfortable.





My wife’s preparing a room for me reminded me of Jesus’ telling his disciples, “I go to prepare a place for you.” When Jesus called his disciples, they left everything and followed him. How comforting it must have been for them when Jesus reassured them that they would one day have a room where they could rest with him! I believe that in every situation, Jesus prepares a room for us. Sometimes, he moves ahead to prepare a room for us in a new situation to comfort us and to assure us of his presence.

Thought for the Day

Only Believe!

Prayer

Redeeming God, thank you for healing us, for giving us new life, and for making us comfortable in your home, through Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
Prayer focus - Hospital patients